Lead Data Scientist
Up to £95,000 + bonus + benefits
We’re helping a global ecommerce marketplace build out their Data & Analytics teams.
With over 20,000 employees in 41 locations around the world, our client traverses a number of consumer industries. They are passionate about transforming the ecommerce sector by investing in and deploying next-generation technology and automation.
Sustainability is at the core of their business; they aim to leave a positive impact on all stakeholders including employees, customers and partners, helping to build sustainable local communities on a global scale.
Data Scientists are hands-on with building models that allow our client to hyper-personalise their customer experience.
In addition this, at a leadership level, Data Scientists work as internal consultants within the business, advising executive teams on all things concerning predictive analytics and machine learning.
What a Lead Data Scientist role will involve
- A hybrid role which is both hands-on with building models and involves consulting throughout the wider business, serving as the Data Science SME for the core customer-facing platform.
- Collaborating with Customer Experience, Product, Design and Engineering teams to demonstrate use cases for hyper-personalisation, intelligent site navigation and behavioural segmentation.
- Working with Optimisation teams on projects that can draw from advances in Big Data & Machine Learning.
- Designing frameworks that lead to the optimisation of precision marketing.
- Providing technical leadership to the wider team, but in-house and agency-side.
Some of the things that we are looking for
- Experience working as a Data Scientist or Senior Data Scientist in a commercial environment.
- A background leading Data Science teams in an eCommerce or conversion rate optimisation-focused environment is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with Machine & Deep Learning, AI and Neural Networks tools including Python, Spark, Tensor Flow.
- Competencies across core programming language including Python, Java, C/C++, R.
- That you can work in a cross-functional environment, managing stakeholders across multiple stakeholders and translating research into practical solutions for predictive analytics.
- Experience in solution design, architecting and outlining data analytics pipelines and flows.
- Advanced Mathematics skills including experience with Bayesian statistics, linear algebra and MVT calculus, advanced data modelling and algorithm design experience.
- Design and deployment experience using Tensor Flow, Spark ML, CNTK, Torch or Caffe.
- A flexible environment, that allows 1-2 days of remote working per week.
- 28 days holiday + a competitive pension scheme.
- Private healthcare, dental and travel insurance for you and your immediate family.
- Employee discounts to be used in-store and online.
- Free breakfast, season ticket loan, cycle to work schemes and various partner discounts.
Match Digital specialises in connecting talented individuals with businesses in the digital, tech, media and marcomms industries.