Senior Data Scientist
eCommerce / Retail
Central London, London
Up to £85,000 + bonus + benefits
This is an exciting time for a Senior Data Scientist to join a global retailer with both a strong physical heritage and digital presence.
Seeking to bridge the gap between physical and digital customer experiences, this is an opportunity for an experienced Data Scientist to help deliver a hyper-personalised brand experience on a global scale.
You will lead a 5-strong internal team of Junior Data Scientists & Analysts, leveraging the latest advances in machine and deep learning to predict the next-best-action for customers around the world.
The role of a Senior Data Scientist
- A hybrid role which is both hands-on with building models and involves consulting throughout the wider business, serving as the Data Science SME for the core customer-facing platform.
- Collaborate with Customer Experience, Product, Design and Engineering teams to demonstrate use cases for hyper-personalisation, intelligent site navigation and behavioural segmentation.
- Work with Optimisation teams on projects that can draw from advances in Big Data & Machine Learning.
- Design frameworks that lead to the optimisation of precision marketing.
- Provide technical leadership to the wider team, but in-house and agency-side.
What experience do I need to demonstrate?
- Experience working as a Data Scientist or Senior Data Scientist in a commercial environment.
- A background leading Data Science teams in an eCommerce or conversion rate optimisation-focused environment is a plus.
- Hands on experience with Machine & Deep Learning, AI and Neural Networks tools including Python, Spark, Tensor Flow.
- Competencies across core programming language including Python, Java, C/C++, R.
- That you can work in a cross-functional environment, managing stakeholders across multiple stakeholders and translating research into practical solutions for predictive analytics.
- Experience in solution design, architecting and outlining data analytics pipelines and flows.
- Advanced Mathematics skills including experience with Bayesian statistics, linear algebra and MVT calculus, advanced data modelling and algorithm design experience.
- Design and deployment experience using Tensor Flow, Spark ML, CNTK, Torch or Caffe.
Some of the benefits
- A flexible environment, that allows 1-2 days of remote working per week.
- 28 days holiday + a competitive pension scheme.
- Private healthcare, dental and travel insurance for you and your immediate family.
- Employee discounts to be used in-store and online.
- Free breakfast, season ticket loan, cycle to work schemes and various partner discounts.
Match Digital specialises in connecting talented individuals with businesses in the digital, tech, media and marcomms industries.