Senior Brand Strategist
£100,000 – £115,000 + 8% bonus + benefits
Off the back of a very successful 2020, we’re continuing to search for exceptional talent to join an integrated healthcare marketing and communications agency.
With data at their core – driven by their 150-strong global team of Data Scientists, Analysts and Researchers – their clients benefit from the latest advances in artificial intelligence and machine learning.
The London office is 200-strong and is one of 18 offices located in major healthcare hubs around the world. They are a friendly and social bunch with an entrepreneurial spirit, working with 24 of the top 25 pharma brands including Roche, Bayer and GSK as well a number of biotech, medical devices and tech startups.
Their mission is to make the world a healthier place through effective healthcare marketing and communications. In order to fulfil this, they cultivate a diverse culture that is reflective of the world around us.
This Senior Brand Strategist will spearhead the development of a strategy practice in London. This role suits someone with experience working in agency strategy teams who now wants to craft their own approach and team in a leadership role.
Healthcare marketing and comms presents several challenges. As a highly regulated industry, guidance is needed on how to incorporate innovation from other industries across multiple stakeholders, from patients to governments, physicians to advocacy groups and internal comms teams. The successful leader will be energised by these challenges and in dealing with issues beyond typical market dynamics; issues which impact everyone, everywhere, including the cost of medicines, access to medicines, psychology of adherence, inequity in healthcare, generics and biosimilars, data ownership and privacy and the impact and implications of technology.
- Lead the strategic brand-building and campaign experience planning function, working with pharma and biotech brands.
- Grow and mentor a strategy team, leading from the front – this will include being hands-on with strategy work.
- Define positioning and go-to-market strategy by developing briefs, supporting research efforts, stakeholder interviews, workshops, and exercises.
- Provide strategic support to both clients and the business, incorporating strategic thinking into the agency through identifying and understanding challenges.
- Assist with new business development by supporting research / analytics, planning and crafting of the pitch narrative.
- Support companies within the network and department leads to develop innovative and results-driven brand plans.
- Continuously enhance the strategic planning process to align with an evolving marketing landscape.
- Drive innovation to the brand planning process.
- Articulate challenges to both clients and senior management teams, striking a balance between simplicity and complexity.
- Knit solutions into a system that can address challenges from multiple angles, including deliverables, politics and internal comms to ensure measurable success.
As Senior Brand Strategist, you should:
- Have extensive experience in market conditioning and launching campaigns across big brands (healthcare experience is preferred but not essential).
- Be curious by nature, asking questions to capture all perspectives on a situation.
- Have superb collaboration, client management, storytelling, and pitch presentation experience.
- Be comfortable working from a clean slate with ambiguity to build strategic products.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + an extra 4 days off at Christmas.
- Private healthcare and private dental insurance.
- Competitive pension plan (6%), income protection, life assurance.
- Health cash plan, wellness allowance and mental wellbeing programme.
- The opportunity to take a paid sabbatical after 5 years of service.
- Cycle to work scheme and a remote GP service.
- Wellness and education programmes.
- Ongoing training and development.
Match Digital specialises in connecting talented individuals with businesses in the digital, tech, media and marcomms industries.