Release Train Engineer
£80,000 – £90,000 + benefits
Flexible working (2 days in the office per week)
Over the past few years, we’ve scaled the global Customer Experience Team (a hybrid startup-consultancy) in one of the world’s most powerful brands. The team encompasses Product, Strategy, Design, Analytics and Implementation. They design and deliver experiences for customers – connecting the customer’s devices with the brand and world around them.
With over 150,000 employees spread across almost 200 countries, our client has innovation at their core and is proud to be building products and services that leave a positive and sustainable impact on society, the environment and in education.
They are an organisation that enrich lives with a cross-functional, international environment built upon transparency and empathy. With almost 40 nationalities in the UK HQ, they embrace diversity and encourage applications from mixed backgrounds, genders, nationalities, ages and lifestyles – seeking to learn from these different perspectives.
The digital experience is at the heart of the relationship between our client and their customers. They aim to give customers the best experience through market-leading platform technology for both online and offline interactions, whether through a computer, phone or tablet, their digital products, or an experience with a brand representative.
This Release Train Engineer (RTE) will support and coach the Agile Release Train (ART), steering it to success and navigating the complexity of delivering software in a large, cross-functional environment. The RTE will help resolve and escalate blockers, manage risk, assure value delivery, drive program-level continuous improvement. The RTE is responsible for the overall planning, coordination, execution, and delivery of value through the program.
This role will collaborate with global market teams, as well as Product, Customer Experience, and Delivery teams, ensuring the successful delivery of products and services, building strong relationships with stakeholders, and managing key program initiatives.
As a Release Train Engineer (RTE), you will:
- Lead the Agile Release Train (ART) in accordance with SAFe, ensuring alignment with organisation goals and priorities.
- Manage programme-level coordination: create programme plans, timelines, and milestones.
- Ensure effective communication and coordination during PI planning, facilitating the ART team’s refinement of features for the next PI planning cycle to meet the Feature Definition of Ready.
- Manage change to the ART’s PI plan and the impacts of those changes.
- Understand and mitigate blockers and risks, driving planning, collaboration, and coordination across teams. Map and manage upstream & downstream dependencies, resolving challenges.
- Regularly engage with stakeholders, ensuring communication across the program for transparency and awareness of progress and impediments. Support the ART in comms and coordination with stakeholders and customers during feature definition and delivery.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement within the organisation, optimising processes, and practices to enhance delivery efficiency. Use feedback and metrics such as velocity & quality to identify opportunities.
- Allocate resources to support program and release objectives, including analysis of programme budgets and estimates to provide direction for overall development.
- Coach and empower cross-functional teams to adopt Agile principles and practices to develop and improve operations and procedures related to SAFe.
- Coach leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in Lean-Agile practices and mindset, supporting the configuration of SAFe to the needs of the organisation (mapping, standardising, and documenting best practices).
We would like you to have:
- Experience working as a Release Train Engineer (RTE).
- Strong knowledge of SAFe and a SAFe relevant certification.
- Knowledge of platform development and support tools such as Jiri, documentation wikis, config management tools.
- Functional knowledge of web applications, information systems, digital marketing solutions such as mobile and social media platforms.
- Experience with PM tools such as Jira, Confluence, and Aha.
- The chance to develop your career with a global, multicultural team working on a fascinating customer experience transformation programme.
- A flexible working environment and the ability to work from home / flexible hours.
- Private healthcare and private dental insurance.
- Competitive pension, 26 days holiday (excluding bank holidays).
- Car lease scheme, season ticket loan and cycle to work schemes.
Match Digital specialises in connecting talented individuals with businesses in the digital, tech, media and marcomms industries.