Head of Product (Product Operations)
£100,000 – £110,000 + benefits
Flexible working (2 days in the office per week)
Over the past few years, we’ve scaled the global Customer Experience Team (a hybrid startup-consultancy) in one of the world’s most powerful brands. The team encompasses Product, Strategy, Design, Analytics and Implementation. They design and deliver experiences for customers – connecting the customer’s devices with the brand and world around them.
With over 150,000 employees spread across almost 200 countries, our client has innovation at their core and is proud to be building products and services that leave a positive and sustainable impact on society, the environment and in education.
They are an organisation that enrich lives with a cross-functional, international environment built upon transparency and empathy. With almost 40 nationalities in the UK HQ, they embrace diversity and encourage applications from mixed backgrounds, genders, nationalities, ages and lifestyles – seeking to learn from these different perspectives.
Our client aims to offer their customers the best experience through market leading technology for both online and offline interactions across multiple brands – whether this be through a computer, mobile phone, tablet, or experience with a company representative.
This Head of Product (Product Operations) will be part of the foundation of product-led growth with the Product team. Product Ops is responsible for ensuring product teams are accountable for outcomes whilst ensuring that the product organisation is set up to scale with low friction.
This role has the power to transform the Product team efficiency by streamlining critical tasks and facilitating better communication. Working closely with a counterpart Product leader, you will collaborate with global and regional teams, developing the product landscape and ensuring the execution of key programme initiatives.
Line managing, mentoring, and coaching a team of 5 Product Owners, you will be responsible for articulating the product vision and strategy to the team, guiding how this is translated into product and business value.
Key responsibilities of the Head of Product (Product Operations):
- Oversee Product rituals and tooling to streamline routine product development tasks.
- Collaborate with internal systems / IT and Implementation teams to streamline product engagement.
- Manage vendor relationships related to Product Operations, including overseeing Estimates and Product QA checks.
- Work closely with Engagement Managers on market engagement, monthly meetings, and comms.
- Strengthen the product feedback loop, ensuring constant process optimisation.
- Enable a sustainable culture of experimentation by establishing consistent processes.
- Line manage a team of Product Owners, focusing on both their day-to-day deliverables as well as long-term growth and development.
- Collaborate with regional and global stakeholders across multiple functions and geographies to understand business needs and strategic direction.
- Direct the build of relevant solution mappings and concepts.
- Coordinate with multiple business, experience, and technical teams to define and deliver product vision, business case, and product roadmaps.
- Create and maintain materials that communicate product capabilities and delivery roadmaps with business value to stakeholders.
- Validate product value post-release through analytics, market coordination events, and competitive analysis.
We would like you to have
- Worked as a Product Leader (Head of Product, Director of Product, Product Lead, or Senior Product Manager) with a focus on Product Ops in a large organisation.
- An understanding of digital customer experience journey mapping and transformation, as well as how this translates into product development.
- Experience delivering customer journeys focused on conversion.
- Training in SAFe methodology.
- Knowledge of web applications, information systems and digital marketing solutions.
- Experience using Product Management tools such as Jira and Confluence.
- Knowledge of the Adobe Digital Marketing Cloud landscape, development languages (Java, HTML5, CSS) and infrastructure (CRM, database and networking systems).
- Design Thinking methodology experience for the facilitation of workshops.
- Experience presenting to C-level execs and working in a global environment.
- Experience in business transformation.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- The chance to develop your career with a global, multicultural team working on a fascinating customer experience transformation programme.
- A flexible working environment and the ability to work from home / flexible hours.
- Private healthcare and private dental insurance.
- Competitive pension, 26 days holiday (excluding bank holidays).
- Car lease scheme, season ticket loan and cycle to work schemes.
Match Digital specialises in connecting talented individuals with businesses in the digital, tech, media and marcomms industries.